Dec 5, 2006

Bitching about Keyboards


This morning i was bitching about keyboards. asking why you still have to hold down shift to get to the question mark. Is forward slash really that more important? anyway, i was bitching about this, then i come back from lunch and find this rant about keyboards on DIGG.com ... fate?

Along with most of the gripes this guy has I think the standard keyboard needs to be updated. before we could get a "www." button new browsers make it so you don't have to type that in every time. thank god for that. also It drives me crazy when people still include "http://" when they tell you their url. and for the last time its not "backslash" backslash is above the enter key and pretty much too useless to get prime real estate like that.

And can we finally give the symbols like $, &, % , and most importantly @ their own keys? Move the Function keys up in place of the stupid Media keys and put the symbols under them. And the damn Start button, or as I like to call the Microsoft button. I don’t know how many times I’d be in photoshop or any other application and go to use the ctrl or alt keys and accidentally hit that piece of shit button. I’m trying to copy or paste or something and I get the stupid start menu. I never use that button on purpose. And again, it doesn’t deserve the juicy spot in between ctrl and alt. Don't even get me started on laptop keyboards!

Ok enough of my ranting. If you read my blogs or know me at all you’d know nothing is ever good enough for me. But you should defiantly read the thing 10 Reasons Modern Keyboards are Shit . I couldn't have said it better myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you order a computer from Gateway, Dell or other; there should be an option to personalize your keyboard. That would be cool.

jimbizzle said...

More prof on how you hate the world.