Dec 7, 2006

how to appreciate death metal

This is another gem from my How To of the Day feed.
How To Appreciate Death Metal. let me preface this by saying I really like a lot of Death Metal and listened to it quite a bit in my youth. I dont really know what the fuck this article is talking about tho. I just liked it because the lyrics are about satan and its really fucking loud and you can really rock out to it.
While most people associate death metal music with a bunch of guys grunting and slapping detuned guitars randomly, there's a multitude of reasons why this genre
maintains a strong following and earns the fierce loyalty of many listeners worldwide...

... Realize that playing and singing death metal requires enormous practice and skill. Even bass players, who don't do the complex leads and melodies associated with death metal guitar, cite to have practiced one piece of music for at least a full year just for a mere audition.
HA HA!

and when you're successfully able to truly appreciate the art form known as Death Metal you might want to check out this related How TO link graciously provided on the previous How To page. How To Apply Corpse Paint
you don't wanna be looking like some average nerd do you?
for the record i've never put on the corpse paint. back in my day you'd get your ass kicked if you looked like that.

2 comments:

jimbizzle said...

I respect death metal for the talent it takes to play it, but I still hate it. Just like Slayer.

Anonymous said...

Death Metal? I saw a book at a local bookstore here in Alameda that has been one of the Staff's Favorites. I think it's Scandinavian Death Metal, which I wouldn't have the slightest clue how different it sounds from regular DM?

Anyway, if you want a laugh at DM, check out this Strongbad Email... http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail141.html
Now, anytime anyone mentions DM, I just have a chuckle because of this info..