Jun 2, 2014

To Boldly Not Suck Where Many Have Sucked Before

After Transformers I'd lost all hope that someone could make a remake of a classic series and not fuck it up. And when I heard the genius behind LOST was going to make StarTrek I didn't give it much thought.  I saw it and liked it but I realized the more I watch the new StarTrek movies, the less I hate JJ Abrams. These movies are really good.   He really did reboot the characters of the original in the best possible way.  It's not just another shitty remake.  It's not even really a remake. It's a brand new timeline. 

The way he set it up allows for new stories but still following the canon of the original.  Also he was very clever using just enough time travel to set it up without falling too far into the difficulty and trappings of writing time travel. 

It almost gives me a new hope that the Star Wars movie won't totally blow.

The LOST ending still sucked tho.  I don't think I'll ever get over that. Although I lay most of the blame on Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse for that shit. 

No comments: