Jun 6, 2019

Eureka. June 6th 2019.


Going home for lunch and saw hella smoke clouding up the sky and in the street before my turn. Then I turned and saw a few cars stopped, looking at the fire.  A smokey blaze next to a tree in a very overgrown yard.  I asked a guy stopped in his truck if anyone had called the Fire Department and he said.. "Nah she's there.... she's got the hose"  I look and its this old lady with a garden hose trying to put it out.  Karen in the minivan behind the guy I talked to was frantically on her cell phone so I'm sure she was calling.   Then I got home a couple blocks away and heard the sirens a minute later.  It sounded like a lot more sirens than necessary for such a small fire but whatever I guess it's being dealt with better than an old lady with a garden hose could handle it.

When I was going back to work I went a different way to avoid what I assumed was going to be fire trucks blocking the road.   I turn the corner and there's a big tow truck and glass all over the road.  I see what looks like a lady opened her car door and a giant lifted Suburban almost took it off the hinges.   Probably the extra sirens I was hearing was going to this. 

Just another crazy day in Eureka.
Also, Happy Birthday Mom! 

No comments: