Nov 9, 2017

PYMHM lite: I Invented Twitter.

Yup, that's what I said. 

Twitter is in the news literally on a daily basis now and it got me thinking about something I did way back in 2006. It was a year after finally ditching Myspace blogs and creating the 'Noggins on blogger.com.  After picking up steam jotting down my nonsense stories and reviews about things I felt like I needed a way to post shorter stupid quick thoughts I had.  A mini-blog of sorts so that I didn't have to create a whole new blog post just for a short number of words.  I got some help form Jimbo and built the code within the confines of Blogger and put it in the side bar.  I called it the Mininoggins.  It didnt last very long because it was essentially a second blogger account I'd have to access to post and check on.  I thought of it though... sharing thoughts in a limited amount of text.  In the years after I ditched it, Twitter has become a media juggernaut.  It's even the chosen platform of our Cheeto-in-Chief to address the nation. 

But just know, it was my idea.  I haven't seen one crumb of acknowledgment or royalty from it.

Here's a screenshot of the original noggin from 2010.  Pardon the crude language and mention of Google Buzz.   Google Buzz was an early Google attempt at social media.  It ended up being what we know now as Google Plus.

See the mininoggins.  click here.

No comments: