Feb 2, 2024

Old Photo Friday (haircut book edition)

I used to get my haircut at this place that was close to my old house that looked like boobs.  Yes, I said boobs.  The building was two single story geodesic domes connected in the middle.  They're right on a main road in town and everyone calls them the boobs.  Apparently it used to be a video store.  Dang remember video stores?  I'm not talking about Blockbuster or Hollywood but real old fashioned family run mom & pop video stores.  I remember going to Muir Video and getting scary movies to watch at friend's houses on the weekend.  Well, it's a hair salon now run by this kooky old Korean lady.  She's gotten a bit too kooky lately and raised her prices so I just cut my own hair now.   While I would wait for a chair or wait for Meg to have her hair done I would sit and thumb through magazines or whatever.  Then one day I found these hilarious hair cut photo books.  I started to imagine who these people were so I started making up names and little captions.   It was a hit on facebook so many years later I'm sharing them with you here. 
























Originally I figured "teenagers adolescents" was enough but I think he needs a name.  Let's call him Zach. He loves Fortnite, drank a beer last year at a his cousins' bar mitzvah and he thinks his new haircut is SICK! 


No comments: