Sep 28, 2017

The Garbage Police

I just took a load of yard trash to the city dump and the cops were there. I was worried they were going to bust me for throwing away the wrong recyclable thing but then a big crappy City of Eureka truck full of shit backed up to where they were. The cops were searching it as they dumped it. I wondered if it was from a Squires property that got condemned again. Also there's no such thing as the Garbage Police. Maybe there is but I can't imagine Eureka has the budget for something like that. They should tho. Our planet is a shit-hole and if there was cops with guns at the dumps less people would throw away batteries and microwaves and shit.

Right after I went to McDonald's down the street for lunch and there was a more-than-normal amount homeless types. There was this old guy with long grey hair and a beard in a wheelchair that all of the young ones were talking too. It was like he was the leader. Or the elder of the tribe. I think I heard one of them call him Animal. They all seemed to be concerned about a particular recent event or planning to organize in some way. Whenever I see the young tweaker homeless people interact with the old ones I always wonder if they realize that they're on the path to becoming he old grizzly tweaker bum, or why doesn't the older ones encourage the younger ones to get their shit together so they don't end up like them. Oh well, drugs are a hell of a drug.

I started sort of eve's dropping at this point and heard them talking about their camps being raided and everything taken away in a big crappy truck. That must have been it.

So now they scurry the town like bugs under an upturned stone and look for a new rock to hide under. I hope that our country can change. The problems that cause this are so institutionalized now that the hole is almost too deep to dig out of.


No comments: