May 11, 2017

Plastic or Plastic?

So now we have to pay 10 cents for a bag. This was supposedly to help save the planet. But now, the bags they offer in abundance are even thicker, hence more plastic. Pretty much everyone just pays the 10 cents and no one reuses them so how is this better? I'll pay 25 cents per bag if they were mandated to be made from corn-based plastic that is biodegradable. Or just force stores to offer paper bags. Which are fine. Plastic is still plastic even if you charge 10 cents for it. This 10 cent plastic bag thing just seems like it made the plastic pollution problem even worse.  I feel like I re-used the old non-reusable bags more often than the new bags. The new ones feel too nice to pick up dog poop with. They also don't tie-up as easily.  
And there's also this dilemma. 

I feel like a pig for always forgetting my cloth bags. Sorry.

No comments: