Jul 22, 2024

Drive Thru-itis.

On my way to work I saw that there was only one car in the McDonalds drive thru.  I left the house late so I missed breakfast I decided to whip in real quick.  I pull behind this truck with a guy who looked to be in his late 60's driving.  I hear him faintly saying something but I could only make out a bewildered "...breakfast?"  and then I could hear the drive thru speaker reply something with "...10:30" and I was like: for fuck's sake this boomer is trying to order a cheeseburger at 8am?   So then I get the sense that he has no idea what he wants so it takes him forever after sort of arguing with them about the 10:30 thing.  At least he didn't pull an UZI out of a duffel bag.  Kudos if you get that reference.  It's getting into the zone of time where I'm actually going to be really late for work now and this guy is still ordering.  The whole time I'm getting blasted by F350 diesel fumes.  Finally he pulls forward.  I order my basic sausage egg mcmuffin and the speaker voice says "pay at the last window".  Not the first window which I'm used to.  I took note but the dude is sitting at the first window forever.  Then the girl pops out and reminds him to pull up to the next window.  Then once he's there there's way too much chit chat going on.  Just pay and take your shit.  But I'm sure he's complaining or arguing about something. Probably asking something stupid like "so when did you stop serving hamburgers before 10:30?" Here's a hint: Nixon was in the white house- but the correct answer to that is 19 fucking 72 if anyone was curious.  I'm officially super late for work now.   Finally they hand him a bag and I get ready to pull forward and for some reason he's handing the bag back to them.  WHAT DUDE?!  What now?  I don't know what is happening exactly but there's more back and forth and finally he gets his shit and pulls out.   McDonalds is like fucking air in this country.  Fuck- in most developed nations it's been a fabric of the structure of society.  How do you not know what they have and that they only serve breakfast before 10:30?  I mean props for not being a corporate garbage food eating whore like me but damn, figure your shit out grandpa.   I get up there to pay and they're like "I'm sorry for the wait"  like they knew I knew it wasn't their fault but they need to apologize for him anyway.  I hate people. 

ok. rant over. 
I guess at this point all I can say just don't vote for Trump is the best we can ask for.  I feel like anyone the Dems put up will do just fine as long as they're not a megalomaniac hellbent on undoing centuries of accepted law.  I hope I can look back at this in the future from the comfort of my home and not a post-apocalyptic corpo-christo-fascist hellscape. 
 

No comments: