Oct 17, 2008

The Crappening


Ok I'd been dying to see this since it came out. I'm a huge M.Night Shamalamadingdong fan. I'm one of the 14 people that actually really liked The Villiage.

Anyway. This movie had great potential. It was a great idea with a few really stunning visuals they wasted in the trailers. But that's about as far as it went. The whole time I was watching I was trying to be interested in the overall plot but I got distracted by the bad acting, bad script and bad special effects.

Marky Mark was using his Boogie Nights nice guy voice which is really annoying. He works better when he's playing a bad ass from Boston. The little girls fake crying was really, really annoying. John Lenguizamo did a good job but he dies in the first 1/3 of the movie. I fell in love with Zoey Dachonel in Elf and can never find fault in her acting. I think she did a great job with the piece of shit script she had to work with. The rest of the cast was D list character actors and glorified extras.

also this scene never happens. they're never in the city not even in the deleted scenes.

The whole movie just seemed cheap. The effects came across as high budget but poorly done. Theres one scene with an iphone video that just looks like the props were from a Halloween store but filmed with a million dollar camera. it was just REALLY bad. here's the scene if you wanna see it. YOUTUBE

The last part of the movie with the old lady could have been a short film and be better than the entire movie all by itself.

M. Night, you let me down man. Not even a zinger at the end? overall, like I said before the idea was there but the execution needed some work.

Dont waste your time.

SPOILER:
It was the plants. meh.
*************

Go rent Unbreakable again as I'm sure you never fully appreciated it the first time you watched it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agreed, this movie was complete and total bullshit. and markie mark sucked in it too. when did he become a bad actor?