Oct 19, 2006

the oldness

I remember when i was younger, like you know yesterday... lol just kidding, but seriously. when i was a kid 30 was like the benchmark for being old. "no way not till im like.. 30" well, whatever it is those kids were talking about, I'm it. Today I'm officially 30. I've joined the "im not in my twenties anymore" club. i mean, really i feel the same but with this burden of obligation like I should have my life figured out by now. Something other than renting a studio from my girlfriends mom and not really making shit for money at my job, and having the same piece of shit car I bought in 1998, died in 2001 and brought back from the dead in 2005 and i think is dying again. being 30 isnt bothering me as much as I thought it would but I just wish I was a little more stable. they say 30 is the new 20, but I'd rather be 20 again. my teeth hurt.

Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Happy Birthday Kirk, you old bastard!

30 is a piece of cake. Wait til you hit 40.

But, you know what they say . . . it's better than the alternative.